Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Roll Out

Well, after over nine months of unemployment, I have accepted an offer for a position at a mid-sized law firm.  So, the "strange normal" is going to come to an end, and we are going to start the "new normal".  I think for everyone's emotional and logistical well-being, we are rolling out in stages:

Chewy starts his new job tomorrow.  This means that his part of chauffeur is going to be passed on to me--or Uber for Michael, while we await the results of his next drivers test (which is scheduled for 12/22).  

Meanwhile, Michael is finishing up classes this week, with finals next week.  Then he will have school break until mid-January.  Willow's school break starts on December 21st.  

I start my new job on December 26, 2018; Willow starts the after-school care on January 2nd.  Michael, hopefully, can start learning how to drive on his own...and starts back up at school on January 22nd.

A lot of things going on the next few weeks, some anxiety from all of us I am sure.  Hopefully, my February, we will all have gotten a grasp of our new routines and feel better and more secure.

I know I will miss being able to run errands when I want to, and zumba aqua aerobics.  But, it could not last and I hope that  we will end up being stronger as a family for going through the tough times and the newer, different times ahead.


No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...