Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Creative Child

Both my children are creative and imaginative, but I have noticed it seems to go in periods of inspiration.

Right now, Willow is in a creative high.  She is very interested in musicals right now (as well as just music in general)...the amount of times she has asked to listen to Hamilton the Musical in the car is astounding...to the point that she can sing along and also continue the songs when our GPS is interrupting with directions.  We both cannot wait until we see it in September!  Meanwhile, I think it might be time to pull  out some old Rogers and Hammerstein movies...

She has also been writing a lot lately.  She writes journals about how she is feeling, she also writes incredibly intricate and imaginative fictional stories (often with a scary bent--as she is also into listening and reading scary stories).

And...she is drawing.  To the point that she wants a "professional drawing pad" - we can get her a sketch pad at the local crafts store soon...

____________________________


Wish we could have kept the costume...third costume change for "This is Me"

This doesn't even include the piano and singing she has been doing through her teacher...a recital this past weekend was the highlight (and the exhaustive objective of all the past few days).

There are times she very much reminds me of myself at 10 years old.  But--there are a lot of times...she is just my incredible Willow....


Dad and Michael got her flowers!

Just my Willow!  She begged me to get her this giant sombrero...she is upstairs with it on in her room--drawing on her Kindle...














Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...