Sunday, January 16, 2011

Perfect Moment Monday

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between. For more Perfect Moments, go HERE


Moment #1: I used to sing it every morning to him. He was my first, my only. I told myself I would always sing to him in the morning...but, time flew by and songs that are sung get lost in the scramble to get up in the morning for school--the looks of "aww mom" perceived....

Sunday morning, my son comes into my bedroom, singing THE SONG to me, to wake me up. As I wonder at the fact that it has been a few years since I have sang him up in the morning; I am in wonder at the impact that it has made on him. (Perhaps I will start singing good morning to not only him--but to her?)

Moment #2: Evening time and things are winding down. She has gone upstairs and I wonder what she is doing. She is in our bedroom--not a place she should be. I enter to find that she is sitting on our bed with her pretend dishes and utensils out. We are having a picnic on my bed. We eat air with blue plastic forks and plates and I think--well, at least there are no crumbs!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kir said...

both perfect..( I couldn't click on the THE SONG it was blocked by work firewall BOO..) but I am sure that it is adorable.

I love that your children are brining you so many perfect moments. :)
xo

Kristin said...

Two very special and sweet moments...I sing to my children too.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

That's THE SONG in our household, too! I'm going to show the kids the "real" singing tomorrow -- thanks!

I love your perfect moments.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

How sweet that he sang THE SONG to you!!!

And doesn't everyone love pretend picnics!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...