One of my favoritest bloggers, Serenity Now! Tagged me for this meme. Serenity was one of the first IF blogs I read and I was struck at how honest and thoughtful her blog is. I am honored to consider her a friend and flattered that she tagged me for this meme.
The point of this meme is to put down seven interesting things about yours truly without boring you to tears, so here goes....
1. I have a sense of humor that borders on the black and sarcastic and dry. But I cannot tell a joke, nor am I especially funny. Usually, I crack myself up. And then I try to tell the joke, and I make myself laugh and cannot finish it. Usually, I am the one who comes up with a small witticism during a conversation, people chuckle (realizing that I am just too damned shy to be outwardly funny)--and then we all move on. I actually find that I can be more funny when I am writing online--or maybe I am still just cracking myself up.
2. I have been doing this blog since August 2004. The practical reasons for starting a blog: I had just finished taking some classes on Web Programming and Design; I wanted to journal and could type fast; I could let family who were many miles away get a glimpse into our lives. The fanatical reasons: I also had been a part of a Angel/Cordelia fan forum and enjoyed the people I met online through it. Yes, Angel and Cordelia were a thing. Yes they were! Buffy and Angel was so over and done and Angel and Cordelia were much more interesting and mature....yes, there were fights over this in fandom. Yes, I read Angel and Cordelia fanfic (most of it very good, btw). Why, yes, I think Buffy Season 7 and Angel Season 5 should just be vaporized....
3. Not only do I add to our comic book collection regularly, I also read comics on a regular basis. I especially love my reprints of EC Classics - Tales From the Crypt; Vault of Horror; Weird Science--all of those have a special place in my heart. Currently, we are collecting Buffy The Vampire Slayer comics (written by Joss Whedon and proclaimed as the eighth season of BTVS); Wonder Woman; Spider man (well the JMS written ones are my favorite recent ones); anything by Alan Moore; Neil Gaiman. The most recent comic book I read (2 weeks ago)was a graphic novel of Neil Gaiman's Marvel 1602.
4. Eclectic would be a great word to describe me. I love various types of music, theater and movies, I love fiction and non-fiction books, I love museums and hiking and the outdoors. I love intellectual pursuits, but I can also just veg out in front of the television and watch Ace of Cakes. I love board games and role playing games and video games. Mainly, I like to try new experiences. I have seen a Zulu production of Macbeth; Chinese Opera (which is not what you would think); Shoalin Warriors and silent movie musicians. And I love experiencing things with my children. We are members of the Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Science and the Zoo.
5. I have a fascination with the macabre. I have books on death and dying, homicide photos, death photography, serial killers and true crime, historical calamities (Pompeii, Civil War, Holocaust, Titanic, etc.). Obviously, these books are kept in places that the children cannot find them. I am not totally sure why this stuff interests me, but it does and has since I was a teenager.
6. I love swimming and being on the water. Which is amazing, since I did not learn how to swim until I was 12 years old (an embarassing summer class at the Y)
7. Since Michael was born, I have gotten into scrapbooking. I am not the most creative scrapbooker, but I do enjoy it. Recently, I was able to go to an all day crop, and here are some pictures of some of the pages I did:
Some random pictures of Willow...
A wonderful photo of Michael (I did not take it, but it is my favorite)
Some pages about when we were at Cape Cod this past summer...
So, those are my seven. Now, as part of this meme, I am to tag seven other Beautiful Bloggers. Rules, thank the person who tagged you, 7 interesting things, tag seven others. I tag these incredible people:
5. Kate @ Circus Acts
7. CourtneyAnd there are so many more Beautiful Bloggers I have not mentioned (some have already been tagged), but I hold many of them in my heart.