Eight years ago. Time seemed to stand still then (so why does it seem a lifetime ago).
He was a little older than she is now (She was not even thought of, how would I realize the journey of the past eight years).
He was too young to understand the unthinkable(I did not even try to explain).
Eight years ago, the world was united (or so it seemed).
Eight years ago, our country was splitting at the seams (I saw it coming, but could do nothing).
Eight years ago, people were mourning losses both personal and public (I am lucky).
Today I hug her and think of those who cannot.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Posting my show and tell early, as we are going away for the weekend... Last weekend we went to a medieval faire . We go every year, and t...
-
One thing I am liking about summer -- S'mores!! I especially like the fireside ones, but microwave ones work in a jiff... Here are a cou...
2 comments:
Very thoughtfully put, and beautiful.
You put it so well. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the tragedy...and I will always remember that.
Here from Blogger Bingo (a post beginning with the letter E).
Post a Comment