Saturday, February 11, 2023

Trying Something New

I pushed myself to try something new last night...and I LOVED it!

I started an eight week class on Drumming the Djembe.

The first class was last night...I was nervous...and found the class stimulating, fun...and something I did not expect---welcoming!  The class was about 8 people (including teacher) and they were all warm and happy to have a new person come into the mix.  Which was good because I came in a few minutes late, as I could not find the class room (in the art center that I had never been)...luckily, I found it by hearing...drums.  😋

After an hour and a half of mainly drumming with my hands and arms...good exercise...as the class ended, people talked to me and the teacher patted me on the back.

I am struck by the fact that I have lacked that type of welcoming atmosphere for a while--partially because of Covid, partially because a lot of time in this world, people can be closed off, even in a small group.

So, I tried something new, and I got more than I bargained for...proving to me that I should try more new things when I can!  


No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...