Saturday, October 09, 2021

...

I have been having a post in my head many times the past month, but I just did not have time or the nerve or the energy.

So, this Saturday morning I am taking the time!

September was such a busy month, I cannot believe that there was a September.  It seems like we had vacation at Cape Cod, got another guinea pig in the bargain, started school and ZIIIP...its now October!!  Hell, its almost MID-October!!

It alarms me sometimes to see how quickly time is moving now.  Being 50+ years old is starting to not only become a reality, but a dread in lots of ways.  I guess this is what one would call the "mid-life crisis mentality".  Sigh.

Talking with a lot of people lately, there seems to be an overall sense of "meh", unease, and a general feeling of being "burned out".  I think the 45th Presidents term, along with the Pandemic has just gotten to the core of everything in our society and our lives and I think everyone is just so fatigued.  I know I feel that way a lot.

(also...this keyboard is sticky--who the hell has been using my keyboard with sticky fingers?!?)

Trying to lift myself and whoever else I can, out of the general funk...but I think it just is going to take....time.

----------------------------

Meanwhile, life goes on!

To show that we definitely haven't had enough car drama in our lives lately (going strong since December 2019!), Michael made sure to get another milestone in life achieved!  He was in a fender bender!  (and, of course, our "new" car got the bigger hit!)

Oh look--in the background there is Willow--and she is almost done with PT and her knee is doing great! (positives, positives!)

So, car's in the shop and we have a rental car--and our Insurance Deductible will be used and probably our rate will increase too! Yay?!

In the other area of spending money, we got a New Roof!  What a wonderful-in-an-adult-way way to spend $10K!

Hey, yeah, Willow took this picture from our car--ya can kinda see the roof, right?  Its Black (how original--frankly, I was thinking of a different color, but the one I wanted wasn't available....sigh)
Oh, look, a big tree that may smash our roof!  (wait...positives/positives...) The tree is very pretty...

In actual positive news---Michael is doing great taking the subway into school, and he is enjoying his classes.  I will say no more, cuz I don't want to jinx it.

Willow is going to school in person and has met a new friend, named Fox (yes, they are named Fox).  

I have so little to do (HA) that I decided to have a small Halloween Party for Willow and a couple (probably literally) friends.

One of the great things we have been doing to keep our spirits up--watching old movies with Michael, and Chewy and I are playing electronic Ticket To Ride games against each other.  (I beat him a bunch at the beginning of our playing, so in true Chewy fashion, he obsessively has been playing it on his own to get better...)

I have also been starting to get ready for a long awaited trip back to North Carolina to see my dad and his wife. We had planned to do it just before the pandemic hit...and then, well...you know the rest!

Last time we went, Chewy had an awful bout of TNA attack and was miserable the whole time; Michael was having anxiety issues and bowel troubles to go with it; and Willow---over indulged in oreos and other treats and vomited all over me and the hotel bed the night before Thanksgiving....its gotta be better this trip....right?!!?

I am gonna close with cute pictures...ending on that positive!!





First "in person" visit with Kayla in a while....













No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...