Still miss her. Still think about her. Not all the time anymore, but often enough. This year, because it is this incredibly messed up year...I almost forgot her birthday.
But it hit me today--it is June 22nd. Grammie's birthday. Not only that--she would have been 100 years old today!
I cannot imagine her living that long. I did think (selfishly) that I had more time than I did. I wish she could have met my daughter. She would have loved the many little things she does that are so much like me when I was a child. I would like to think she would have been able to not only tolerate Michael and his issues, but perhaps be able to reach him and gain his trust and understanding and help him find his place in the world.
I know I am projecting. I know it is mere fantasy. But, that is what we do when we miss people's presence in our lives.
I am a better person for having known her. I hope that I was able to give some back to her and to the people I love.
Love you, Grammie.
Monday, June 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Posting my show and tell early, as we are going away for the weekend... Last weekend we went to a medieval faire . We go every year, and t...
-
One thing I am liking about summer -- S'mores!! I especially like the fireside ones, but microwave ones work in a jiff... Here are a cou...
1 comment:
Sending a hug as you remember her.
Post a Comment