Saturday, February 12, 2022

Pancake Making and Memories...

Making pancakes this morning (by request of the hubby) and as I made them I requested Alexa to play one of my favorite breakfast making singer/songwriter/folk and child lore master--Dan Zanes.  

As we bopped to some random DZ, I realized that I not only think of fun times with his songs, but I specifically think of Michael.  And I mean YM - Young Michael.  

Not this guy (whom I love dearly): 

Must you take a picture of me, mom....

But THIS kid:



I guess this is part of parenting too....grieving for someone that is not here anymore in a sense...obviously, he is here and even that KID pops up every so often now....


He's so cute asleep!  :-)


But the cute 5 year old little boy has grown up, I have grown older...sometimes a little wiser...but mostly surprised when my spotty memory actually clearly remembers that little tyke and the fun times we have had.  



No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...