Thursday, February 01, 2018

To my children...

I know things seem tough right now.  Things you think should be easy are not and things that are hard are harder than you thought.  Growing up is hard.  No matter what we have done to prepare you, it is never enough...especially if you see and react to the world differently.  It can seem like an endlessly, rough road.

But.  I know you.  I SEE you.  I know that you will persevere.  I know that the hard knocks will bruise and batter and may make you weary to get back up again.  But you will.

Because you have before.  You have faced adversity before and changed and grown.  You have shown people who did not believe in you that you were not to be underestimated.

Things will get better with practice, experience and time.  Patience is not our strength...but we can work to achieve it while we work harder to obtain our goals.

You.  You are the most valuable resource.  And you will find your way.

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

This is so beautiful and true. Worth printing and taping to the fridge. <3

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...