Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Microblog Monday (On Tuesday)

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is?Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.
*******

Being Social.  Being Social.  It is not my thing usually.  Which is not to say I do not want to spend time with people.  Or that there are times when I lament feeling lonely.  Or that there are times when I have great times with my friends.

But.  Being Social for the sake of doing so--because our son needs help dealing with social situations.  Because our daughter needs to have play dates with other kids her age.  Because we are expected to be there.

I love new experiences, do not really love meeting new people--although I have been pushing myself and my family to be more social.  

It was successful this weekend.  We met with new people, and Michael found someone he "clicked" with - so much so that we met with them again on Monday.  We met up with some not-so-new friends that we have started really enjoying hanging out with and that was fun!  We went to a BBQ on Sunday.

That was what this long weekend was about.  Being Social.  And it was exhausting!!

I need a break from being social now...the introvert in me needs to just be on the couch and read.  
Photobucket

3 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

This sounds very familiar. I enjoy those moments when I am social, but it is exhausting. And thinking about upcoming moments when I will have to be social fills me with dread. There is a reason I work from home :-) That is exciting that he found someone he connected with like that! Good for you for going out.

Jen said...

A little peaceful you time sounds like a great reward for being socially available over the weekend : )

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Shall we now commence calling you (social) Butterfly? I'm glad you made new friends.

We entertained both Friday and Saturday nights and I didn't wanna talk to ANYone on Sunday.

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...