Saturday, April 25, 2015

On your Birthday...Seven years

Aside: Right now you and your brother are playing an old x-box Spongebob game--being silly and cute and I could not have any more clearer reason why I so wanted/needed you in our lives--the sibling that you are being right now...what you bring out in your brother that is especially needed in him...I cannot express how much I love that.

Yesterday you turned Seven Years Old.  I took the day off and you and I had a mother/daughter day.  It was wonderful to spend time with you and listen to your ideas and thoughts on the world you know.  We went out for breakfast with your brother, you got a mani/pedi, we went and bought you clothes at the mall, we went shopping and hung out.  We finished the day up by picking up daddy and going to see the new Cinderella movie.

Today was your birthday party.  We went to a jumping/bouncing gym.  We had pizza, snacks and Cake.

Within the past 48 hours, you have asked me about adoption, death, American Girl dolls and their comparative ages.  You have read and re-read cards and books and laughed and giggled.  You have bounced and eaten enough sugar to continue bouncing.  You have played with friends large and small at the party, then went to the playground, then came home and played with the neighbor kids...and now you are playing a video game long after you should be to bed.


You have also shown your wonderful, selfless side to me.  Last night, we picked up your cake...and one of the cats squished parts of it.  As I was ready to panic, ready to take it back to the bakery to get fixed...you calmly said that you did not really care about the cake anyway--that the party the next day was more about playing with your friends and that was all that mattered.  It was a very mature and wise thing to say.  And I was all the more happy to bring this cake to the party.

No cats were harmed, although I was thinking about it....Luckily, there was a centerpiece that covered up the worst parts.


Willow, you show this side more often than not.  You are such a kind and generous soul.  You love and are loved.  You are dramatic, you are silly, you are anxious and you are wonderful. I love hugging the stuffing out of you.  The amount of growth I have seen in you amazes me and I am so proud of the little girl you are becoming, so grateful to have you in our lives.













No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...