Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fourth of July Daring Do...

Went for our annual trip to Canobie Lake today.  The most fun was watching Willow (and Michael) try NEW rides (well, for them).  

Since I have gotten older, I seem to be more motion sick than not, and so you won't see me on a lot of rides--but to see the kids actually trying some--well, that was awesome!

Don't get me wrong--I did indeed do some bumper car bumping--and I got totally totally wet at the water park...just you won't find ME on this type of ride:

Um..not sure if Willow totally enjoyed this one, but her brother was there (he rode it twice) and she was fine afterwards!


Willow also tried this bigger kid kiddie ride:

She said it went a "little too high" for her.

The only ride she wasn't "ever ever going to go on ever again" was the Haunted Mine Ride--too scary, she said.

Then it was on to the water park part of the amusement park.  Last year, I was barely able to get her to get near the sprinkler parts.  This year--she not only tried the kiddie water slide; she tried the intermediate twisty-covered water slide.  (I wish I could have gotten photos/video of that--but I was busy running around and getting wet trying to catch up to her).**

I totally admire that my kids tried the rides out and had a great time.

**Willow decided giving me a heart attack would be nice and she ran off--she was scolded for NOT listening to me when I told her to stay near me.  She ran off, I couldn't find her, I ran about getting more wet, getting blasted by people with water guns...(this is why I don't like being the only adult who will do the water park)...luckily the rest of our party finally came in and helped look and within 2 secs found her (While I was up in the middle of the water structure getting soaked by jerks with water guns).  Yeah, we laugh now--I am thinking of ways to make sure next time I drag another adult in with me!





Photobucket

No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...