Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Next Ten - Movie Edition

21. Some of my favorite old movies are: Citizen Kane; Casablanca; Sound of Music; The Gold Rush (Charlie Chaplin); Singing in the Rain; Modern Times (Charlie Chaplin); Duck Soup (Marx Bros); Horse Feathers (Marx Bros.): Bringing Up Baby; Philadelphia Story; The Third Man; Rear Window; Vertigo....okay, so you get I like old movies, right??!?

22. How I rate Star Trek Movies:

1) IV - Voyage Home
2) II - Wrath of Khan
3) VI - Undiscovered Country
4) III - Search for Spock
5) Next Gen - First Contact

(The rest we will pretend did not happen) Oh, and yes, I prefer Kirk to Picard. (Although I like Picard--he is no Kirk!)

23. How I rate Star Wars Movies (Before George Lucas decided to mess with them):

1) IV: New Hope (ahh, Han Solo!)
2) V: Empire Strikes Back (No! Han!)
3) VI: Return of the Jedi (Aww! Han!!)
4) III: Revenge of the Sith (The best of the "new" ones)
5) II: Attack of the Clones (less Jar Jar!!)
6) I: Phantom Menance (Jar Jar?!?! - can't he be killed??!?!)


24. Some of my favorite Science Fiction Movies: Blade Runner; Alien; The Day the Earth Stood Still; Planet of the Apes; Logans Run; Soyelant Green (psst...its made of People!); Omega Man; Superman; A.I.; Terminator; A Clockwork Orange; BodySnatchers (yes, the theme starts emerging, eh?)

25. I like to go to see the Alloy Orchestra play original scores to silent movies, my favorite of theirs - Metropolis.

26. The first movie we took Michael to - "Powder Puff Girls: The Movie"; the movie we took him to recently - "The Simpsons Movie"

27. Recent Movies I have liked and consider "classic": Shindler's List; Saving Private Ryan; Raiders of the Lost Ark; The Godfather; Kill Bill I & II; Grindhouse; Dead Again; Spider-Man 2...I am sure there are more.

28. I am so glad documentaries have become vogue. I like to see them on the big screen! The first documentary I remember seeing at the theatre-"Hoop Dreams" I remember watching "Farenheit 9-11" and thinking - "NOW people will GET it"...I was wrong. :-/

29. I used to regularly watch the Oscars--until I realized they weren't ever going to pick good movies for best picture! (Have you seen The Departed??)

30. While I LOVE movies, I am particularly interested in the picture that is different in some way--whether independent and intellectual or funny in a dippy out of the box sense. I prefer movies that make me think about what they are about, not how they did them. I have no problems with special effects, but don't want to be overpowered by them. I can be picky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU APRIL, such a smile I had on my face when I saw the birthday wishes from you in the post :)

Welcome to the Braces Bunch :)

XXX

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...