I don't watch a lot of T.V. programs, but my current favorites are "The L Word" (hey, its lesbian soap!), "Arrested Development" (hey, its so intelligent and wacky, time to be canceled!) and "Battlestar Galatica".
Often, science fiction shows are able to discuss topics within our society today in a way that is distant enough to give us some fresh outlook. A recent episode brought up abortion rights, for example, if humanity was down to about 50,000 people, would abortion help to bring the destruction of mankind, and would laws to prevent abortion enable popluation growth? In general, this show, like Babylon 5, has a general message of communicating the differing views and what they could potentially mean for our society (in the time as well as in the future). I like smart t.v.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Another senseless tragedy, this time in Orlando, Florida, has caught my attention and while I attempt to grapple with senseless murder and t...
-
I was going to do a Show & Tell about what I was doing one year ago this week ... But I got a wonderful surprise in my snail mail box to...
No comments:
Post a Comment