Thursday, September 05, 2013

First Day of School - 2013

This is definitely a different type of First Day of School morning...more scattered, more relaxed (a bit), a bit apprehensive.  (What I mean on the more relaxed--NO ONE wanted to get up on time...and parental units do not have to rush around for work--we told work we were going to be late this morning.)

Two kids going to school.  Huh.

One being a high schooler, meaning I am trying to not be too hands on; one being a kindergartner--the start of letting go (but just a bit).

Instead of my normal routine of pictures (oh my gosh how he has grown and changed over the years!), I changed my focus of pictures to just recording what I could in this chaotic morning.

Michael's bedroom this morning.  (I am not going to go into the various symbolisms of childhood here and how they are being left behind...no, I will not!)

Some of his new clothes.

She.is.not.a.morning.person.

See above caption.

Dressed, having breakfast and watching Riff Trax...almost like a typical morning here!






Brush your hair!





Off he goes!

Only a few tears as I drove off.


One kid is off...as I write this, one kid is watching My Little Ponys. 



No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...