Friday, August 03, 2007

Okay, so the whole world knows!

IVF Anecdote #1:

Let me preface in saying that my husband and I have a very funny (some would call it warped) sense of humor. And that I am usually the one telling the joke no one (except maybe him) gets.

So, I just got off the phone with the clinic--trigger shot tonight at 10 p.m.; egg retrieval is on for 9 a.m. Sunday. I had just IM'd husband saying that they had not called me yet. So, I was excited. So I called him on his new cell phone. And I sang: "Shoot me in the butt now, now!"(X3) to a tune he told me his sister used to sing on car trips when she was little ("Going down the road now, now!" repeat). Then he says "What, oh, do you know that I am in a meeting a whole bunch of guys are looking at me wierdly?" (this was said amusingly embarrassed while I could hear some chuckling in the background). I think I then murmured the main message...and skulked off to my cubicle....

4 comments:

AshPash said...

Good luck with this cycle! We have an FET in early September as our first IVF resulted in pregnancy but an early loss.

Mony said...

I'm sure the humour will help you keep your sanity!
It's MONDAY! Good Luck!

Jackie said...

Hey there, I hope you are feeling all right. I'm staying tuned for more news...

Topcat said...

Good luck for your retrieval!!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...